If you are a music fanatic and you want to be associated with something big and you’re planning to travel as well, then you should definitely go to a music fest. The world’s biggest music fest is the Summerfest which is held in Wisconsin, USA every year. This is an 11 day long music fest and it has actually been stated as the Biggest Music Fest in the World by the Guinness World Book of Records ever since the year 1999. It is held at the Henry Maier Festival Park in Milwaukee. It’s the main attraction every year in Wisconsin.
Special features of the Summerfest
- It has been active since the year 1968.
- The fest goes on for 11 days, 11 stages are set up along with food and games stalls and about 700 bands participate in it.
- It is held in the month of June or July every year.
- Thousands of people visit the Summerfest in Wisconsin from all corners of the world.
- It’s also known as the Big Gig.
- It is a spectacular fest of live music shows and festivities which gives out the true essence of music of every genre from well known bands from all over the world.
This is a very famous festival which has been creating a good forum for music to get involved with the common people in a big manner. There are mainly 11 stages which are set up where various artists and bands perform live music. The 11 stages have different names of separate significance. Here is a list of those stages.
- Summer Fest Rock
- Tiki Hut
- Harley Davidson
- U.S Cellular Division
- Marcus Amphitheater
- Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard
- Miller Light Oasis
- BMO Harris Pavilion
- Casico Interstate
There are many other places to visit in Wisconsin too. If you want you can also do a bit of site seeing when you’re there. The main cities like Madison, green city and La Crosse are also good places to visit. La Crosse has the great river Mississippi running along its sides. You should always book your tickets about 6 months in advance if you want to go to Wisconsin during the Summerfest. Thousands of people come here during that time so the rates of tickets are high and there are limited seats at that time too as the number of people are more than the number of flights.